Free Fertility Testing All Summer for Teachers & Special Evening on July 23 for Everyone
Let’s talk about regrets. I spent some time when I was younger trying to avoid pregnancy. Maybe you have too.
I’m not sure that I would have changed the decision and started earlier back then as I was already on the young side when I started to try to conceive. There are some decisions that I most certainly would have changed though.
Starting with understanding how my body, my husband’s body and fertility in general worked.
Or another way of looking at it– what do I wish I had known about fertility when I was younger?
What I Wish I Had Known About Fertility When I Was Younger
- I wish I had known that my younger age (26) didn’t necessarily mean I was fertile.
- That my menstrual cycles coming irregularly was a concrete sign that my reproductive system was not functioning quite properly.
- Staying up-to-date on infertility procedures and protocols was important, but less so when I was in fertility treatment with a board certified Reproductive Endocrinologist.
- Being on the right side of the statistics or “odds” of getting pregnant only works when it works. Even a 70% chance of achieving an on-going pregnancy still means a 30% of being disappointed.
- I wish there had been a magic test– one that evaluated how fertile I was or was not.
And you know what?
Now we have number five. What seemed like a magic test twenty five years ago is now a reality. It exists, in real time. It’s inexpensive, it’s fairly non-invasive (a simple blood draw), it can be done at anytime of the month, while you’re on birth control and it’s non-fasting.
It’s called Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH).
And at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Connecticut (RMACT), it’s free.
We’re over-achievers here at RMACT, so if free is good, we make it free a few different ways.
Free AMH Fertility Testing This Summer
First, all summer long, free AMH testing is being done for teachers, as an extra thank you and acknowledgement. You will need to set up an appointment; you can do that by clicking here. Hours for testing will be from 9-11, Monday through Friday at all four of our convenient locations. If you have questions, please call Kate at 203-750-7437.
On Thursday July 23, RMACT will host an evening of free testing in the brand new Danbury office. Doctors and nurses will be on hand to discuss the capabilities of the test, when to expect results and more. Please click here to RSVP.
If you are a young woman, get a baseline AMH test done. If you know a young woman, share this with her. This information could prove to be invaluable in the future. And knowing what your levels are now so that you can compare them a year or so from now will give you a much more complete picture of your fertility potential.
Our goal is for you to understand all that you can know so that you can make informed and educated decisions about your future.
We’re here to help.
About Lisa Rosenthal
Lisa has over thirty years of experience in the fertility field. After her personal infertility journey, she felt dissatisfied with the lack of comprehensive services available to support her. She was determined to help others undergoing fertility treatment. Lisa has been with RMACT for eleven years and serves as Patient Advocate and the Strategic Content Lead.
Lisa is the teacher and founder of Fertile Yoga, a program designed to support men and women on their quest for their families through gentle movement and meditation.
Lisa’s true passion is supporting patients getting into treatment, being able to stay in treatment and staying whole and complete throughout the process. Lisa is also a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist, which is helpful in her work with fertility patients.
Her experience also includes working with RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association and The American Fertility Association (now Path2Parenthood), where she was Educational Coordinator, Conference Director and Assistant Executive Director.