Effing Funny Fertile Friday! Our Dream Fertility Doctor's Bathroom
In our dream world, the bathroom at our fertility center would be much different than what it is.
Here is a list of what we wish our board certified Reproductive Endocrinologists, (informally known as our fertility docs) bathroom contained:
- A pitcher of margaritas, or tequila or voda, or rum... (to help take the edge off of any and all nervousness about the appointment).
- Disposable razors (because we know how much our fertility docs care about whether our legs are shaved! Not to mention other areas).
- An assortment of perfume (just to spruce up with in case it’s not a first thing in the morning appointment).
- Mood lighting (so we don’t have to see every new stress line that we have developed on our faces due to infertility).
- Something good to read for those times we have had to hold 5,000 gallons of fluid for thirty minute appointments (exaggeration- it’s never really 5,000 gallons, but it can feel like it!).
- Lovely music to distract us from the circular thinking we are engaging in (are there going to be more follicles, will they have grown, how is my lining, what are my test results, how long before I can start a cycle, etc.).
What would you wish for? Tell us in the comments below!
About Lisa Rosenthal
Lisa has over thirty years of experience in the fertility field. After her personal infertility journey, she felt dissatisfied with the lack of comprehensive services available to support her. She was determined to help others undergoing fertility treatment. Lisa has been with RMACT for eleven years and serves as Patient Advocate and the Strategic Content Lead.
Lisa is the teacher and founder of Fertile Yoga, a program designed to support men and women on their quest for their families through gentle movement and meditation.
Lisa’s true passion is supporting patients getting into treatment, being able to stay in treatment and staying whole and complete throughout the process. Lisa is also a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist, which is helpful in her work with fertility patients.
Her experience also includes working with RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association and The American Fertility Association (now Path2Parenthood), where she was Educational Coordinator, Conference Director and Assistant Executive Director.