16 Simple Positive Affirmations for Coping with Infertility
Coping with Infertility and Conquering the Struggle
When you are coping with infertility, here are some ideas to ponder if you start to feel that you are your infertility problems and they are you. Some are funny. Some are thoughtful. Some are downright silly.
Don't we all need silly once in a while? Or is that once a day? Me, I'm going with the Monty Python quote. It's just the amount of silly that I need.
16 Positive Affirmations for Fertility Support
Maybe that positive affirmation is the quirky one that you need during fertility treatment. If that is appealing, check out the one about lighthouses. That should do the trick.
- ”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~Thomas Edison
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” ~Helen Keller
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar
- "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." ~Buddha
- “In stillness all conflict must end.” ~Phillip Urso
- “Desire, ask, believe, receive.” ~Stella Terrill Mann
- "When you're chewing on life's gristle / Don't grumble, give a whistle / And this'll help things turn out for the best... / And...always look on the bright side of life... / Always look on the light side of life." ~Monty Python's Life of Brian
- "Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift." ~Regina Brett
- "Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?" ~Bob Monkhouse
- "Rather than letting our negativity get the better of us, we could acknowledge that right now we feel like a piece of shit and not be squeamish about taking a good look.” ~Pema Chödrön
- “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” ~Shel Silverstein
- “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” ~Anne Lamott
- “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” ~Deepak Chopra
- "If you are going through hell, keep going." ~Winston Churchill
- "Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end." ~Unknown
Infertility Care Includes Kindess to Oneself
At the end of a long week, remember that infertility care includes loving kindness. Kind of a good place to end I think. And if it's not okay, I'm good with that; it's not the end.
Be kind to yourselves this weekend. Do something loving and generous. Or sleep in late. Or take a walk on the beach. Or do all of those things.
About Lisa Rosenthal
Lisa has over thirty years of experience in the fertility field. After her personal infertility journey, she felt dissatisfied with the lack of comprehensive services available to support her. She was determined to help others undergoing fertility treatment. Lisa has been with RMACT for eleven years and serves as Patient Advocate and the Strategic Content Lead.
Lisa is the teacher and founder of Fertile Yoga, a program designed to support men and women on their quest for their families through gentle movement and meditation.
Lisa’s true passion is supporting patients getting into treatment, being able to stay in treatment and staying whole and complete throughout the process. Lisa is also a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist, which is helpful in her work with fertility patients.
Her experience also includes working with RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association and The American Fertility Association (now Path2Parenthood), where she was Educational Coordinator, Conference Director and Assistant Executive Director.